Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am Ninoy


I was 3 yrs old when Ninoy was assassinated on August 21, 1983. During those times I am aware of the song “MAGKAISA” in front of the electric fan because it gives an echo like voice but I really don’t know its meaning. And I love to watch Carebears than news.

Today, I just finished watching Boy & Kris in TFC and they are commemorating Ninoy Aquino’s 25th death Anniversary. Here are the lists of what I have learned from what I have watched.

- At the age of 17, he was the youngest war correspondent to cover the Korean War for the newspaper Manila Times.
- At 21, he became a close adviser to then defense secretary Ramon Magsaysay.
- He was appointed by President Ramon Magsaysay to act as a personal emissary to Luis Yaruc, leader of Hukbalahap rebel at the age of 22. In the same year he married Corazon “Cory” C. Aquino and they had 5 children.
- He became the youngest vice- governor at the age of 27.
- And at the age of 29, he became the governor of Tarlac.
- The youngest elected senator in the Philippines history at the age of 34.


I was stunned by his achievements. But it is more an encouragement to fight for the democracy and have shown his bravery for the love of his country. I admire and salute him for everything that he has done. And it is true that heroism is just inside for all of us, we just have to learn how to bring it out.

No comments: