Monday, August 18, 2008

My first job in Bahrain

When I was hired as an assistant teacher for a nursery class (3-4 yrs old) here in AMA Bahrain I simply don’t know what my duties and responsibilities are exactly since it was my first time to work in school environment. But all I know is I just love children! And as long as I have this natural skill nothing would go wrong. I work with a British teacher Ms. Alison. It’s a learning process and I started to learn when she told me to “think like a child.” My students are really cute and I used to carry this girl named Luna that gives me a body ache since she was heavy because she always cry and never talk at all. As days goes by, I enjoyed being with them no matter how many unavoidable circumstances happened that sometimes makes me feel like to give up. One of the students that I won’t forget is Arif since he is very sweet and courteous, he is crying when I’m away and he used to give me his chicken nuggets saying “one for me, and one for you Ms. Mona.. “ I also have this very active Indonesian-Italian boy Claudio but he was so sweet that when I went back to the Philippines for a vacation and be absent for 2 weeks he thought that I leave them because he is naughty. J A simple hug and kiss, or even any gestures of appreciation from these children makes my stressful day fine.

No comments: