Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Innocent Gambler


Memories of my childhood are really colourful. Just to start with. I want share this unforgettable one that my husband never experienced. I think I was only 8 yrs. Old when I won “ENDING,” wherein you have to guess the last digits of the score in PBA like if the score is 75- 78, the winning number is 5-8. You have to choose from 0-9 to 9-9 number boxes and they will put your name or “codename” (if you want it to be secret because you don’t want to share your winnings.hehe) inside the boxes. Prizes depends on the bet and it may be in cash or goods.In my case, for Php5 bet I won 1 sack of rice in which Inay Isa, who happens to be my grandmother and the one who takes care of me, bought it though I am living with her and eat the rice that she bought. Maybe she wants me to have cash on hand so that I can learn to save. I was in Batangas during those times and everyone in Brgy. Anus were asking for “BALATO.”hehehe

Next in Taguig, I think I am 9 or 10 years old. I just tried to try my luck in “JUETENG.” It is because all of them kept on asking to give them numbers since they believe that if the numbers were from a child or mentally illed person, it is most likely a lucky numbers. Hehehe Jueteng is drawn three times a day. During that time, I also know how to make “ANUNSYO” since the adults surrounds me used to do it. Anunsyo where your dreams and different situations has corresponding numbers. And based on my dream I bet Php1 one day noon for 12-1 number, I won Php800! the same day I tried 24-1 for Php2 bet and again I won Php1600! After that I never won again and it’s no longer my interest and the operation was stopped few years back.

Going back in Batangas.. “RIPA or PARIPA,” was once a trend, it’s a little similar in ENDING but here you can choose from 1-75 numbers drawn thru BINGO rolls. I bet for Php10 and I won a very nice pellet gun! And since I am only 10 yrs old they are asking me to sell it because they are dying to have it. Sorry but I want it for keeps. J

I am telling this not to brag but rather proud of myself because I never get addicted to these gambling games though they said I am lucky enough to get involved in any of these. I still want to play my dolls, and cooking toys and live in my innocent days…

No comments: